Read Colossians 3:12-17
- In verse 12 Paul uses words like compassion (deep love for others), kindness (goodness towards others), humility (not self-love but genuine love for others over your own needs), gentleness (willing to suffer injury or insult rather than those things come at the expense of others), and patience (long-suffering or the opposite of resentment and anger towards others). Gauge how God has grown you in these areas and record some practical ways you can work on growing in these character traits.
- Read verse 13 and think about how that Lord has so richly forgiven you and let that be a motivation to demonstrate forbearance and forgiveness towards others.
- In verse 15, Paul talks about peace with Christ. He is talking about the peace we have from salvation in Christ, the peace we have in our life with Christ, and the peace we have in our security with Christ. How does this peace strengthen your assurance?
- Verse 16 states to “let the word of Christ richly dwell within you.” If you read Ephesians 5:18-21 this is how you are filled with the Spirit. Are you letting the Word of God permeate all areas of your life?
- Seek to memorize verses 16-17 as they will be verses you can continue to go back to strengthen your assurance.