In my first every post for Quick Links, I gave two articles from Jesse Johnson about a Sunday evening service. Click here for that post.
Tim Challies just wrote a blog piece titled Why I Love an Evening Service. His reasons for loving a Sunday evening service are:
- It begins and ends the day with God
- It sanctifies the time in between
- It provides another opportunity to learn
- It provides another opportunity to worship
- It provides another opportunity to serve
- It give more time with the people I love
- It is countercultural
These three articles have really made me think deeply about the importance of a Sunday evening service and the benefits it produces. If you have thoughts, feel free to comment on this post. I will write on Saturday on my thoughts on this topic.