I am currently doing a series at Community Bible Church of Ocala on Assurance. This group of blog posts will be a passage of Scripture and some questions that will help you dig deeper into assurance by using the truth of God’s Word.
Read Psalm 42
- What is the psalmist’s current state of his spiritual well-being as shown in verses 1-5?
- How does it help you to read that the psalmist is experiencing a severe divine drought in his life?
- Who is in charge of the waterfalls and oceans of trial that the psalmist seems to be drowning in (verse 7)? What are your thoughts on this difficult truth?
- Read verse 8 as if the psalmist is getting a few gulps of divine “air” from his drowning in trials. Reflect on what the psalmist says in this verse.
- What are we focusing on when we are controlled by our feelings and emotions and circumstances around us?
- What is the cure when you feel like you are in a drought or drowning in trials or thinking that your prayers are not being answered (verse 11 and Psalm 43)?